• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WICHITA STATE (8-6, 0-1) at TEMPLE (7-7, 0-1) Pregame Discussion

Sunday, Jan. 7 | 1:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. CT
    Philadelphia, Pa. | Liacouras Center

TV: ESPNU with Dave Leno & Mark Adams
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Bob Hull

Here's the deal. In our last 12 games with the Owls, we are 6-6. After making a lineup change yesterday , I'm making another one today.

1. Cortes 2. Rogers 3. Beverly 4. DR 5. Ballard.

No worries, our other 5 rotation players will get a chance by performing to start the 2ND. half, and the best overall performers will finish the game. We need to find the KP groove and utilize his passing skills. To win this game, the Shocks focus inside. Only Rogers, and DL have the green light 3 pt. shot. Otherwise, it is VERY limited to shot clock requirements. Going to shock the world and sprinkle in some funky zones on D. because we are too predictable and giving way too many easy baskets. Passive play or negative attitudes equal bench splinters. Back to winning!

Who,Who 70

Shocks. 77
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 6, 2024, 11:30 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Until the Shockers prove that they have a soul, this program will continue to struggle. Philadelphia is not the place that I expect them to find it. Temple has been up and down, but they are more than capable of taking care of the Shockers on their home court.

There are dark shadows over this program and very little light has shown through in the past few years. There may be light at the end of the tunnel, but it can not yet be seen.

Expect the Owls to be victorious in this one.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

PS, warning! FSF has never made one thin dime coaching. Caution! Proceed with caution! My coaching background is from my easy chair, and my opinions are free of charge and exclusive to SN.

Comment

Temple's most impressive game was a 1 pt. loss to Ole Miss. They go 8 deep. G. Hysier Miller is averaging 17.4 ppg and has 58 assists. 6'7 Jahill White has 12.4ppg.

Comment

You must mean DR not DL and I agree he has earned a start. What I don't agree with is your structured assignments by half. Coachs' have to be ready to adjust at ANY point in the game. GM would immediately jerk someone who didn't block out and allow an easy basket. I stick with XB to start to see if he is able to regain some previous form. Starting BC would only damage XB's confidence more than it already has plus BC has NOT earned a start yet. For me, HB is getting close to the edge of not starting. His stats are not good we just don't have anyone else better.......right now. He needs to up his game soon. I was WRONG at the start of the season advocating for KP at PF. I really thought he was a good shooter and would help stretch defenses in the corner but it ain't happening. I start him at center using him more as IB did the 2nd half of last season. We really need SOMEONE who can post up once in a while. If PM has to play him at PF he needs to use a 3-2 matchup zone to guard the perimeter with KP and QB under and work through KP on offense high or low. Mills needs to get tougher himself. We have to play intense D from start to finish and anyone who doesn't or fails to block out needs to be subbed for asap. This is a very winnable game but I have to see some changes on offensive style before I am a believer. Temple by 7
            Last edited by asiseeit; January 6, 2024, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Owl #1 = 67
              Wushock = 73

Let's go Shockers!!!

Comment

wichita state last beat temple by a score of 79-65. can they pull out a win again?

maybe, if temple offense is slower than wsu defense.

Comment

Owls: 78
                  WhoShox 65

Comment

I'm starting to run out of Owl gear.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I'm starting to run out of Owl gear.
                      Its resale value is going down.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wish I could be optimistic
                        73-65 Owls

Comment

I believe that we can win, unless they have watched game film of us.

Comment

Temple of Doom 71
                            Doom of Wu 64

Comment

Scoresandodds has us favored -1.5 Go figure

Comment

Working...
                              X